Supercast is a fully-remote early-stage startup based in Canada and the US. We're looking for product-minded full-stack Rails developers to help us continue to scale with the accelerating customer growth we're seeing and help us exxpand our platform
Supercast makes it easy for podcasters to offer premium subscriptions to podcasts to help get support from their biggest fans. We have hundreds of thousands paid subscribers supporting our podcasters with tens of millions of dollars of subscription revenue.
We're a mission-led team that cares deeply about the customers that we serve, the way we build a product and a passionate team culture where we can do our best work together. We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company - everyone's voice counts.
- Full-time, remote position with a flexible work schedule. Most developers have 2 key meetings on an average week, outside of that we focus on the work you do vs. the hours you work.
- Lots of growth opportunities - we're a very small team (6 people total) who have more than doubled our subscriber base in the past year and are looking to grow our team with that.
- Directly influence the product roadmap - ideas come from everywhere and everyone in the company has introduced a major feature in Supercast.
- 100% remote - we don't have a headquarters and we default to asynchronous communication and treating meeting time as valuable and minimal.
- Full medical / dental benefits, generous paid vacation, and top of the line equipment to ensure you can do a great job.
- Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Hotwire (Stimulus, Turbo)
- Rspec and Cucumber for testing
- AWS hosted
- Notion for collaboration and planning
- Work at all levels of the Supercast stack. You don't need to be an expert everywhere, but you should be comfortable creating a view and implementing controllers and models.
- Collaborate with other departments and customers to define requirements for projects, set success criteria, and conduct A/B tests and other experiments to discover the best way to build new features.
- Design user experiences using a design framework - we don’t expect you to be a designer, but you should be comfortable with writing your own copy and mapping out user flows. We have a design framework that you can apply to your solutions.
- See your projects through to completion by defining success criteria, and keeping with your project until you hit them, working with marketing and customer success to help promote your new features until there’s uptake and happy customers using them.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’re more interested in building experiences than diving deep into technologies, and you seek out roles where you interact with other departments and customers regularly.
- 1+ years of experience working as a software developer, ideally in a small startup environment.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of podcasts (RSS feeds, dealing with media streaming in a web environment, experience integrating with podcast players) is a plus.
- Comfortable wearing a lot of hats, and occasionally acting in a product manager or design role, or working directly with customers for projects.
Interested? Send us an e-mail at email@example.com