Supercast is the leading subscription platform for audio. We're currently hiring a VP of Sales. Read about our ideal candidate and if that's you...Apply today!
Supercast is the leading subscription platform for audio. We make it easy for podcasters to earn recurring revenue, by delivering premium content to their most passionate fans.
One of our newest customers achieved 10,000 subscribers in their first 2 days alone.
Even Joe Rogan could have made more with paid subscriptions than he did in selling to Spotify, without giving up any independence, creative freedom, or audience reach.
So, we’re on a mission to show podcasters how they can build immense value through subscriptions and that most of what they need is already waiting for them, untapped, within their highly-engaged audience.
And that’s where you come in.
Your role as our VP of Sales will be to accelerate podcaster acquisition, helping them to see the potential of an audience-supported monetization model and leading them in transforming their business with Supercast.
Develop an overall sales strategy, identifying target customer segments in the podcast industry, refining the Supercast value proposition and differentiators, and constructing tailored pitches and materials
Lead an outbound sales effort, conducting outreach to target customers, tapping a deep rolodex of podcast creator contacts, and quarterbacking pitches
- Manage the inbound sales effort, qualifying leads, setting up pitches and upselling existing creator customers, in coordination with Supercast's Partnerships Specialist
- Oversee Supercast's sales pipeline, systemizing lead tracking, staying on top of follow ups and tapping in onboarding and product teams as launch approaches
- Refine Supercast's product, pricing, and marketing on an ongoing basis, consolidating market feedback and working across Supercast's small team to adjust accordingly and maintain the platform's competitive edge
The ideal candidate
- 5-10 years of experience generating revenue on behalf of podcasters in a sales capacity, either at a podcast network, distribution platform, or hosting/monetization service
- A proven track record of closing business in podcasting, with a strong, nimble pitching ability that both speaks the producorial language of creators and articulates the revenue potential of their shows
- Developed a growth-stage sales strategy for a small technology startup in a competitive, emerging market
- Built and operationalized a sales team from the ground up
- Deep knowledge of the podcast industry, including the existing revenue models and their shortcomings, as well as an extensive rolodex of podcasters, platform executives, and everyone in between
- Experience working with paid subscription or donation solutions, in audio or elsewhere, a plus but not required
- A strong desire to win, and the ability to marshal each segment of the company - product, marketing, customer success, leadership - to do so
Why you'll love working at Supercast
We're a mission-led team that cares deeply about the customers that we serve, the way we build a product and a passionate team culture where we can do our best work together. We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company - everyone's voice counts.
Supercast is a remote-first company with current team members in Victoria, Vancouver, Toronto, and Oakland. We believe in flexible working and encourage you to work where you feel most inspired, with a preference for work windows within 3 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
As well as a competitive salary you’ll receive all the equipment you need to do a great job, full medical/dental benefits, generous paid vacation (we’ll insist you take at least 4 weeks) and exercise reimbursements to stay fit.
We're backed by Tiny, a diverse family of companies that prides itself on crafting well-designed, wonderful internet experiences, including podcasting pioneers Castro, DoubleUp and Ride Home Media.