The following is a list of common questions from competition participants. We’ve included these abbreviated answers for convenience only and official wording is found in the Paid to Podcast Competition Rules.
The Grand Prize Winner is the eligible entrant who achieves the highest Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) through their Supercast podcast account in the two (2) full calendar months during the Competition Period in which the entrant’s MRR was highest. The 3 entrants with the next three (3) highest MRRs will be the “Runner-Up Prize Winners”. You can only win one prize per entrant.
The Monthly Recurring Revenue is determined by the sum of all subscription sales transacted on Supercast.com during the competition period, less any discounts, chargebacks or refunds. MRR includes monthly recurring payments and 1/12th of annually recurring payments, but does not include one-time payments.
Sales must be for the individual podcast, and bundle sales will not count. Only the first $100 of a monthly recurring payment or the first $1200 of an annually recurring payment will count.
Grand Prize (1): Valued at USD $101,352.
○ $40,000 Cash
○ $5,000 Trip & Accommodations for Lunch in San Diego w/ Pat Flynn
○ $15,000 Brand development via Limina House (via package, 1:1 w/ CEO)
○ $12,000 Marketing help via Jam Street Media (12 x hourly consults/year)
○ $10,000 Growth Discovery Package via DoubleUp (2-4 weeks)
○ $2,400 Lifetime Headliner Pro (20 years) to promote podcast via video
○ $10,000 Supercast credits
○ $1,188 Captivate podcast hosting - ‘Podcast brand’ plan for 1 year
○ $1,000 Private call with Shane Parrish
○ $999 AMP’d Up Podcasting Course with Pat Flynn
○ $799 Powered Up Podcasting Course with Pat Flynn
○ $900 1-year Descript Team Subscription
○ $750 30-day Discover Promotion of your podcast via Castro
○ $820 Pro Pass to Podcast Movement 2021
○ $400 Private 90-minute webinar w/ Pat Flynn’s team (2 x spots)
○ $96 Fusebox Pro account for 1 year
○ N/A Featured story in Podcast Movement Daily
Runner-Up Prizes (3): Valued at $5,678 each.
○ $3,000 Cash
○ $1,000 Marketing help via Jam Street Media (12 x hourly consults/year)
○ $588 Captivate podcast hosting - ‘Audio influencer’ plan for 1 year
○ $545 Standard Pass to Podcast Movement 2021
○ $225 3-month Descript Team Subscription
○ $120 Headliner Pro for 1 year to promote podcast via video
○ $200 Private 90-minute webinar w/ Pat Flynn’s team
Eligible entrants are those who create a new Supercast podcast during the registration period (June 30th 2020 to October 31st 2020). The entrant’s Supercast account for that specific podcast must not have had any sales on Supercast or brand recognition prior to June 30th 2020.
Certain states or territories (like Quebec, Canada) have restrictions, filing or registration requirements for competitions and people from these regions are not eligible for this competition. People from US embargoed countries are also not eligible to participate.
Most likely. Only people in countries or territories with restrictions on competitions, like filing or registration requirements, or people in US embargoed countries, are not eligible to participate.
Yes, you can enter any Supercast podcast that did not have any sales on Supercast or brand recognition prior to June 30th 2020.
Yes. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to add a new podcast to your account.
We’ve put together a very comprehensive guide to paid podcast memberships. You can also access our Help Center for commonly asked questions, chat with us by clicking on the chat bubble at the lower right of your screen, or email us at email@example.com. We’re here to help!
No, only recurring revenue counts towards your MRR for the competition.
Yes, but these sales will not count towards your MRR for the competition. Supercast supports custom integrations for customers that would like to use their own website to sell and manage subscriptions, with Supercast powering the private podcast feeds. Unfortunately, podcasts on our custom plan are not eligible for the competition as we need to process subscription payments on Supercast in order to accurately determine your Monthly Recurring Revenue.
We’ve seen first-hand how powerful the premium membership model is in helping podcasters build incredible, sustainable businesses around their passion — all while retaining full independence and control over their relationship with their audience.
It’s never been more important to diversify your revenue streams (especially for those dependent on ad revenue), but many podcasters still aren’t aware of the potential of subscription podcasting. So we’re launching this competition — with world-class mentors and resources — to educate podcasters everywhere about the profit potential of subscription podcasting.
You don’t need to do anything beyond entering the competition. Tiny loves wonderful, sustainable businesses that can make a lasting impact, like Canadaland and Ride Home Media. Creating a paid membership for your podcast will go a long way towards this.